Accomodation available from 2 nights onwards
The Knowes is a delightful, semi-detached, stone cottage, which has been thoughtfully furnished by the owners who live next door, to offer the perfect home from home. The property is situated in the quiet village of Reay, on the spectacular north coast of Scotland, and is also on the designated and scenic North Coast 500 route. The cottage has a number of themed murals adorning the walls and ceiling which enhance its charm and ambience. The pretty living room, known as the Orchid Room, has lovely orchid mural and deep feather-filled sofas. There is a large conservatory at the front of the cottage, which is a useful second living room. At the rear is reading room looking on to a shrub garden.
We are located mid-way along the north coast and are blessed with beautiful rolling scenery, a coastline with rugged rocks and beautiful sandy beaches. The mountains, hills, glens and straths are all spectacular and of course our ever changing climate makes the views differ from day to day making them even more spectacular
The pretty village of Reay has a shop, a renowned links golf course, a superb sandy beach and neat little harbour built in 1830 and still used by local fishermen today, which are all within easy walking distance. There are several woodland walks around the village and Broubster Forest Walk close by.
The Knowes has recently been awarded “Customers Choice Award 2018” by Cottages.com
On the Ground Floor
- Living room: 32″ Freesat TV and DVD player.
- Kitchen/Diner: Electric oven, induction hob, microwave oven, fridge and dishwasher, TV.
- Conservatory: Swivel reclining chairs with foot stools.
- Reading Room: Twin desks and office chairs.
- Utility Room: Freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Bedroom 1: Double bed, anti-allergy duvet, bed-linen by The White Company.
- Shower Room: Jacuzzi shower, toilet and heated towel rail.
On the First Floor (Access by Narrow Stair)
- Bedroom 2: King-size bed, with anti-allergy duvet and Dorma bed-linen.
- Bathroom: Jacuzzi bath and toilet.
Oil central heating, electricity, towels, dressing gowns, toiletries and Wi-Fi. Complementary welcome pack on arrival.
Sitting-out area in attractive well-groomed garden, with garden furniture. Off-street parking for 1 car. Additional on-road parking. No smoking. Village shop is 200m away. Thurso, the nearest town is 10 miles away.